By "personal information," we mean information that directly identifies you, such as your name, address, or email address. In this Policy, "we" and "our" mean Knack, LLC and "you" means any person who visits our website or calls us on the phone.
Click on the following links to go directly to the corresponding sections of this Policy:
- What Categories of Information We Collect
- How We Collect Information
- How We Use Information
- How We Share Information
- Online Advertising and Third Parties We Work With
- Your Choices and Access Requests
- Security and Fraud
- Notices, Disclosures, and State-Specific Rights
- International Shipments
- Additional Information and Contacting Us
- Updates to This Policy
- Effective Date
What Categories of Information We Collect
We collect a variety of types of information. Examples include:
- Identifiers and contact information, such as your name, address, phone number, or email address
- Purchase or other commercial information, such as the items you purchase, items you have custom made, shipping address, and contact information
- Payment information, such as your payment method and payment information (such as debit or credit card number and information), and billing address
- Profile and account information, which may include Contact, Purchase, and Preference information as well as your account password, information about Saved items, items in your online shopping cart or saved for future purchase, product review information, and Rewards points information, address book entries, and other information about your profile or account
- Preference information, such as your contact and marketing preferences, and interests
- Communications and interactions, which may include email messages, chat sessions, text messages, and phone calls that we exchange with you
- Call recordings, including information about your call and that you share when you call us on the phone
- Location or geolocation information of your device that you use, if your device settings allow us to collect location information
- Demographic information, which may include age or birthdate, gender, ZIP code, your status as a Loyalty member, and other information about you
- Device and browsing information and other Internet activity information, including information about your phone, tablet, computer, or device, and online browsing activity (collectively, "automatically collected information"). Automatically collected information may include IP addresses, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, device and browser settings and information, and Internet service provider information. Automatically collected information also may include information about when and how you access and use our websites or mobile applications, such as the date and time of your visit or use, the websites you visit before coming and after leaving our website, how you navigate and what you search for using our website, the website pages and items you view using our website and, and the items you purchase
- Inferences about any of the information above that may relate to your preferences, or other matters
How We Collect Information
We collect information on our website, and during calls, chats and texts with you. We also obtain information from you and from third parties. For example, we collect and obtain information:
- You provide, such as when you make a purchase, interact with a sales representative, contact us, register for a Loyalty or online account, participate in a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey, engage in a promotional activity, register to attend an event, apply for employment, or sign up for emails or marketing
- From our affiliates that you have interacted with
- From third parties, such as service providers that we use, analytics companies, advertising networks and cooperatives, demographic companies, third parties that provide us with information about you and the different devices you use online, and other third parties that we choose to collaborate or work with
- From social media platforms and networks that you use in connection with our website, or that share or allow you to share information with us, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. For example, if you use functionalities, plugins, widgets, or tools from social media platforms or networks in connection with our website, we will collect the information that you share with us, or that those social media platforms or networks share with us. For more information about social media platform and network privacy practices, please review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms and networks that you use;
- Using cookies and automatic collection methods. For example, we and third parties we work with may collect information from the computer, tablet, phone, or other device that you use to access our website, or that you use to open an email or click on an advertisement from us. This collection includes automatically collected information, and generally does not include personal information unless you provide it through our website or you choose to share it with us. Methods we use include:
- Cookies (which may be session-based or persistent, and are typically small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in connection with your Internet browser);
- Web beacons or tags (small images embedded into websites or emails that send information about your computer, tablet, phone, or other device when you visit our website or open an email we send to you);
- Website log files (created automatically in connection with access to and use of our website)
- Other technologies (which may be similar to or different from the methods noted above).
How We Use Information
We use the information that we collect to conduct our business and to provide you with the best possible products, services, and experiences. We also may combine any or all of the information that we collect or obtain. Examples of how we use information include:
- To provide you with products and services, such as to: fulfill your orders and process your payments; process, maintain, and service your account(s); and to provide you with products and services that we think you will like;
- To respond to you, such as when you: place an order; call us; make a request or inquiry; enter a contest or sweepstakes; complete a survey; or share a comment or concern;
- For personalization of your experiences with us, including to: remember your interests and preferences; customize the products and services we share with you; facilitate your interactions with our sales representative; track and categorize your activity and interests on our website, including by identifying the different devices you use; and to enrich your experience on our website;
- For marketing and advertising, such as to: send you marketing and advertising communications; and to customize the marketing and advertising that we show you (we offer choices about marketing and advertising as noted in the "Your Choices" section below);
- For analytics, such as to: understand how you use our website; understand how you shop with us; determine the methods and devices used to access our website; and improve our website;
- For our business purposes, such as: to operate and improve upon our business and lawful business activities; to maintain our programs, accounts, and records; for research; to determine your satisfaction with our products and services; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services; and for any other business purpose that is permitted by law;
- For legal and safety purposes, such as to: defend or protect us, our customers, you, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; protect our rights; protect our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; address legal and regulatory compliance; and notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
How We Share Information
In general, we do not share personal information about you with third parties for third-party marketing or advertising purposes. We do share personal information with third parties for other purposes. For example, we share personal information with:
- Third parties and service providers that provide products or services to us, that help us market or advertise to you (including co-branded marketing and advertising), or that provide products or services to you. We may use third parties or service providers to help with auditing interactions and transactions with you, addressing security, fixing errors, helping us with advertising or marketing, maintaining accounts and providing customer service, helping with our internal research, verifying service quality or safety, and performing any of the other actions or activities allowed under this Policy;
- Parties to business transactions such as those we deal with in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party;
- Additional third parties such as law enforcement, government entities, courts, or other third parties as required or allowed by applicable law, such as for the legal and safety purposes described under the "How We Use Information" section above, or otherwise to help prevent harm or fraud to us, you, our customers, or other third parties. We also may share personal information with third parties upon your request or with your approval, though we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
Online Advertising and Third Parties We Work With
We work with third-party companies for advertising purposes, including to: serve advertisements across the Internet; track and categorize your activity and interests over time on our website, and on third-party websites and mobile applications; and to identify the different device(s) you use to access our website. We share information with these companies, and these companies may collect information—including automatically collected information when you use our website—through the methods described in the "How We Collect Information" section above (see "Using cookies and automatic collection methods"). These third-party companies also may possess or obtain information about you from your interactions: directly with the third-party companies; with other websites, mobile applications, or companies that the third-party companies work with; or from your interactions with advertisements the third-party companies help to display to you. The information that these companies collect or that we share may be used to customize or personalize the advertisements that are displayed to you.
We may share personal information with the third-party companies we work with for our purposes, though in general we do not share personal information about you with third parties for third-party marketing or advertising purposes. We may also share other information at our discretion, including automatically collected information, which may be used by third parties for third-party marketing, advertising, and other purposes. For information about the choices you have about the online advertising practices described in this section, please see the "Your Choices and Access Requests" section below.
Your Choices and Access Requests
We strive to offer you choices about how personal information is used and shared. Your choices include:
- Online Advertising. You can manage third-party advertising preferences for some of the third parties we work with to serve advertising across the Internet by using the choices available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. We do not guarantee that all of the third parties we work with will honor the elections you make using those options, but we strive to work with third parties that do.
- Social Media Platforms and Networks. We encourage you to review your privacy options and settings with the social media platforms and networks you use to understand what choices you have about sharing information from those platforms and networks with us.
- Email Choices. You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails by using the "unsubscribe" link or mechanism noted in marketing or advertising emails you receive from us. You may also request to opt out of marketing or advertising emails by contacting us through one of the methods specified in the "Additional Information and Contacting Us" section below and sharing the email address at which you are receiving marketing or advertising emails. For service or transactional emails about your Knack account or about your Loyalty membership, please email email@example.com.
- Direct Mail Choices. You may opt out of receiving marketing or advertising by direct mail by contacting us through one of the methods specified in the "Additional Information and Contacting Us" section below and sharing the name and mailing address that you would like to opt out. Please note that these requests may take up to 8–10 weeks to become effective.
- Telephone Choices (calls and texts). You may opt out of receiving marketing or advertising calls or text messages by contacting us through one of the methods specified in the "Additional Information and Contacting Us" section below and sharing the phone number that you would like to opt out.
- Mobile Location Choices. You may choose not to provide your location to us in connection with your use of our mobile applications by declining any prompt requesting location information, and by customizing your mobile device settings to prevent sharing of location information. You may prevent this by customizing your mobile device settings to prevent sharing of location information or by disabling Bluetooth on your device.
- Access Requests. If you have registered for an online account, we allow you to access and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your online account and using the features and functionalities available there. Unless alternate procedures are noted for your state in the "Notices, Disclosures, and State-Specific Rights" section below, you may also make a request for access to personal information by sending an email or writing to us at the address specified in the "Additional Information and Contacting Us" section below. We are not able to grant all access requests, and we may request additional information from you to verify your identity before accommodating an access request.
- Manage Cookie Settings. You can manage your cookie settings for knackshops.com here: Cookie Settings
You may have additional rights in the state in which you reside. Please see the "Notices, Disclosures, and State-Specific Rights" section below for additional information.
Security and Fraud
We take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of personal information you share with us through our website. In general, information transmitted through the Internet may not be perfectly secure, and we are unable to guarantee the security of your personal information. We encourage you to take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your account and personal information, including by doing the following:
- Reviewing your Knack account periodically and immediately reporting any unexpected activity or unrecognized information;
- Installing the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses;
- Using complex passwords (a minimum of 7 alpha/numeric cAsE sEnsitive characters);
- Not using the same password on more than one website;
- Not sharing your password with others;
- Password protecting your computer and mobile device; and
- Signing out/logging off of website sessions so that your session is closed, especially when using a public computer.
You may come in contact with websites, emails, or texts that try to lure you into providing personal information with an offer such as a Knack Gift Card or discount. Knack LLC does not sponsor or endorse these offers. If you become aware of any potentially fraudulent activity on a website or in an email or text, please forward the information to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can follow up.
Notices, Disclosures, and State-Specific Rights
- Links to Other Websites and Services. Our website may provide links to other Internet sites, content, or videos (embedded or direct links) maintained by third parties. We are not responsible for the sites, content, or videos accessed via the links, and we have not reviewed the privacy practices of those third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of those third parties.
- Browsers Do Not Track Signals. While we strive to offer you choices when you use our website, we do not promise that we will be able to receive or honor web browser Do Not Track signals.
- California Privacy Rights. California law entitles residents to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Unless you request us to or consent to our doing so, Knack does not sell any personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If you have questions about these practices, please contact us at email@example.com. California law also provides residents with rights to request access to and deletion of certain personal information, to know whether personal information is shared, and to opt out of the "sale" of personal information. Some California laws also may define "personal information" differently from this Policy. To understand how we honor these California rights, to make requests regarding these rights, and to learn more about how California law defines "personal information," please visit California Privacy Rights.
- Other data requests:
Purchases made through our website that customers choose to ship to locations outside of the United States are made from BorderGuru not Knack LLC. Personal information that you provide in connection with website orders that ship outside of the United States is provided to BorderGuru, not Knack LLC, though BorderGuru may share this information with us. If you have questions about BorderGuru privacy practices, please contact BorderGuru at Privacy Statement | Hermes BorderGuru (borderguru-us.com)
If you provide personal information through our website separate from a purchase, you agree that the personal information will be transferred to and processed in the United States of America and any other country or jurisdiction at our sole discretion. The laws that apply to the use and protection of personal information in the United States or other countries or jurisdictions in which we transfer or process personal information may be different from the laws and protections in your country.
Additional Information and Contacting Us
If you have questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at:
Knack LLC Privacy
5819 6th Ave. S.
Seattle, WA 98108
Updates to This Policy
We may make changes to this Policy, and may apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. When we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by posting the updated Policy on our website, and we will update the effective date at the end of this Policy.
This Policy is effective August 31, 2021.